I am wondering about the real value of a website for business recently.
It's so web 1.0 for any company to have a .com website today. As a communication tool initially, a corporate website is really outdated. the channel and conversation happens 99% of the time anywhere but the corporate website. A company should focus on building a Web Presence but not a website. A web presence means many common web activities people are doing everyday:
- put your software driver to CNET's download.com
- run your marketing program at Facebook if targeting Gen Yers.
- do product intro at leading review website
- Sell product at Amazon.com
- setup online support at Meebo.com
why you need a website? When others can achieve the same goal with less fixed investment? larger audience?
Technorati Tags web